When you are planning an event, it is important to get a keynote speaker. A speakers bureau can be a great resource for finding the right keynote speaker and making sure that they will be available on the day of your event.
At Ovations, we are often used by organisations to find speakers for their conferences or events. We provide speakers for any type of event, from motivational speaking to technical talks and everything in between, and can provide you with qualified and vetted talent that will guarantee the success of your event.
Here, we outline the many things to consider when preparing to find the right speaker for your event.
Things to consider before the call
There are a few different factors that you should consider when choosing a speaker bureau:
- Your budget
- The type of event you are holding (business conferences, trade shows, gala)
- Whether you want to book the speaker for future events
- The type of speaker you are looking (corporate executives, industry-specific speakers, or motivational speakers)
Questions to ask your speakers bureau to ensure they meet your needs
Some questions you can ask when choosing speakers are:
- What is the speaker's background?
- What topics does the speaker speak on?
- What is the fee for booking the speaker?
- What is the speaker's background and experience?
- What qualifications does the speaker have?
- Can I book this person for multiple events with different timeslots?
Preparing for the inquiry
Define your needs
Ask yourself why you want or need a keynote speaker. Are you looking to educate your employees on a certain topic? Are you hoping to inspire change within your company?
Let’s consider an example. Imagine that you are looking for a speaker for a theme for 2023, specifically a motivational speaker for three possible scenarios that are occurring:
- You’re a new company and you want team building to deal with the big change brought on by the takeover.
- You want a speaker to talk about topics like hybrid work, mental health, and working from home.
- You want a speaker to talk about team building in general so that your employees can come together as a team.
Knowing your needs will help guide the rest of your search for the right speaker.
Determine your budget
This is an important step that will narrow down your options considerably. We have a huge range of speakers available, so it’s important to know how much you’re willing or able to spend ahead of time.
Set some dates
Once you have an idea of when you would like your event to take place, reach out to us and inquire about availability. Many speakers book up months in advance, so this step is crucial.
Choose your speaker
Once you have done your research and found a few speakers you are interested in, it’s time to make a decision. Consider your budget, the speakers’ availability, and their fit with your event goals to help you decide. We have a huge range of speakers available, so take some time to browse through our roster of speakers. Narrow down your choices based on budget, date availability, and area of expertise.
Make the arrangements
Once you have chosen your speaker, we can help you with all of the necessary logistics and provide you with any necessary materials, such as bios or headshot photos.