Comedian Arj Barker combines observational comedy with deadpan absurdism to create a brand of comedy that's somewhere between Jim Gaffigan and Mitch Hedberg. His onstage persona is that of a person with the conviction of his own ignorance -- always certain, but rarely right. He takes his time with his setups and builds to explosive -- and very funny -- punchlines.
Arj Barker Facts:
- Arj Barker (born Arjan Singh Aulakh) was born and raised in San Francisco, California.
- He released his first stand-up album, Issue Were Here, recorded live in Sydney, Australia, in 1999.
- Barker co-created and starred (with fellow comedians Tony Camin and Doug Benson) in The Marijuana-logues in 2004.
- In 2007, Barker joined the cast of the HBO comedy series Flight of the Conchords alongside the New Zealand musical comedy duo of the same name.
- Barker released his second stand-up album, LYAO, in 2010. It was also released as a DVD and aired as an hour-long special on Comedy Central
- Barker made it to the semi-finals of Last Comic Standing's fifth season but was cut before making it to the top 10.
- He had his own animated internet series called Arj and Poopy, starring the comedian and his cat.
- His first televised stand-up special was on Comedy Central's Premium Blend in 2007. He has since had two half-hour Comedy Central Presents specials: the first in 2000 and the second in 2006.