Bourby Webster is a musician, rule breaker, game changer and advocate for women. She is also an experienced CEO, concert promoter, creative director, entrepreneur, mentor and consultant. Bourby founded the ground-breaking Perth Symphony Orchestra from which she retired as CEO and Creative Director in 2022.
Bourby is Director of North Street Music and is also a successful business consultant through North Street Consulting.
An inspirational speaker, Bourby is in demand as a keynote and motivational speaker and panellist.
Bourby has an MBA from UWA, an MA in music from Oxford University, and is a graduate of the Royal College of Music. In 2022 she was named in Business News’ Power 500 list and has been a winner of a Business News 40 Under 40 award for Entrepreneurs and a finalist in the Telstra Businesswoman of the Year Awards (WA).
In 2019 she was named Western Australian of the Year (Arts & Culture).
Bourby Webster is an experienced professional speaker, sharing inspiring stories, lessons and observations from an incredible career spanning professional music, elite sport, executive business roles and being an entrepreneur and founder of a major ground-breaking symphony orchestra.
Her presentation style is passionate and engaging, and she uses her love for music and skill as a viola player, to give a totally unique experience to all who hear her.
Bourby speaks on the following topics:
- Creating incredible workplaces – developing inspiring workplace cultures
- Connecting people to purpose
- Leading differently – fostering a culture of fearless innovation
- Leading the change – creating inclusive, diverse environments for all
- Lessons from the Orchestra Pit – what can a symphony teach us about teamwork and high-performance teams.
- Building Health Happy Productive workplaces – the V.I.O.L.A. method 7. Championing Women – stories from a symphony orchestra
- Being brave – overcoming fear to achieve extraordinary things.
- Navigating a competitive environment - how an orchestra broke the rules to succeed.
Bourby has also given inspirational speeches on how music and sport build teams and create and connect communities like nothing else can – and what this means in the workplace and within other organisations.
Each speech of Bourby’s involves music leading to connection and inspiration and how music, as a foundation of humanity, can be used to change individuals, teams, organisations, communities and even a nation.
Her mission is to change the narrative in the world away from purely producing, to creating, aspiring and loving what you do in order to make a difference.