Don is entertaining, groundbreaking, outrageous and delightful. His lectures inform, motivate, entertain and change lifestyles! His varied "opening act" costumes range from an anatomically correct bodysuit to a "professor wellness" outfit to a burka! Really. The latter comes off after Don reaches the podium, whereupon he urges everyone to "cast off your burkas-or anything that might be inhibiting you from evolving into the "wellest, most effective and fulfilled person you can become." It's a great show - and no one knows more about the wellness concept.
Don recently ran for mayor of Tampa as "the oldest, fittest, fastest and prettiest of all the candidates" on a "well city" that would be "fit, functional, free and fun." (He won in every respect save getting the most votes.) In 2004, he did win something else--his age group in both the duathlon national championship (8/8, Alphraetta, GA) and the national triathlon championship (9/18, Shreveport, LA).
Don demonstrates that normalcy and moderation are health risks-and offers specific, positive, life-enhancing alternatives to muddling through life.
- The implications of an aging workforce - and how to position yourself to age without getting old prematurely! (Aging is unavoidable; getting old prematurely is a choice.)
- Why you should never retire- the payoffs of eccentricity, self-employment and lifestyle artistry. (No One Lives Forever But It's Worth A Try!)
- Self-Management Skills for Success in Business
- The Role of Humor and Play in A Wonderful Life
- 14 Steps to Wellness
- How to Design Low Stress/High Energy Schools and Communities