As Head of Innovation & Creativity at Disney, Duncan helped teams at Disney Parks, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar, Imagineering and Animation to innovate, creating magical new storylines and amazing experiences for consumers around the globe.
He now brings his Disney experience to audiences around the world, delivering a series of keynotes, masterclasses, and ideation forums, that help people capture unlikely connections, leading to both disruptive thinking and revolutionary ideas.
He is a multiple TEDx speaker and has been featured in many publications including Fast Company, Forbes, INC., and more. He teaches Innovation and Creativity Masterclasses at Yale University, UNC and U.F. He also holds the American Citizen Award presented at the White House, an Hons. MBA and Hons. Doctorate from Edinburgh University and the Duke of Edinburgh Award, presented by her majesty, Queen Elizabeth.
Delivering customer experience magic
Disney’s ability to redefine and dominate nearly every industry it has ever entered is no coincidence. The continued success of Disney has been driven by a foundational trait of the company that goes all the way back to it’s founder, Walt Disney, who was merciless in his pursuit of innovating the customer experience.
By viewing all major business decisions as a customer experience decision, The Walt Disney Company continues to find innovative ways to engage consumers around the world, both old and new. And these innovative experiences have created one of the most passionate, loyal fanbases of all time.
So, how does Disney Think Different and leverage creativity to innovate the customer experience? Through several specific tools and examples, I’ll share this information with your teams during my Delivering Customer Experience Magic keynote.
You’ll learn from the following examples:
- By simply re-expressing the industry challenge Walt Disney created a level of hospitality that has never been replicated.
- How by challenging the rules of the industry, Walt came up with the biggest creative solution of the twentieth century.
- Learn how Disney Parks turned very product centric culture into a consumer centric one.
- How Disney leverages High Tech to enable High Touch, delivering record guest satisfaction.
- And How instead of asking ourselves How We Might make more money, by asking how my we address the biggest consumer pain point we created record revenues at DIsney.