Famous as a reporter on the original 60 Minutes team, Ian Leslie is by reputation and accomplishment one of Australia's outstanding broadcast journalists and corporate communicators. An extraordinary career in journalism recognized by the Medal of the Order of Australia(OAM) for his services to media and the community.
Ian speaks the language of corporate Australia. Arguably the most refreshing corporate presenter today.
An exciting MC and Keynote speaker, Leslie draws on a journey of extraordinary experiences to breathe new life into your events.
His breadth of experience, contact with world leaders in business and politics and journalistic integrity have earned him universal respect.
- Leslie covered conflicts in the world's major trouble spots: Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lebanon,Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, Burma, Korean Peninsula, Afghanistan and Northern Ireland.
- He gained access to world leaders...including Moraji Desai (Prime Minister of India), Benazir Bhutto (Prime Minister Pakistan), Ferdinand Marcos(Philippines) ,Ugandan Presidents, Beniza, Obote, Muzeweri.
- His most notable coup, interview with Anwar Sadat, President of Egypt and Camp David fame. The only Australian journalist to profile the great World Statesman.
Ian has received no less than seven awards for distinguished journalism. His crowning accolade, the prestigious WALKLEY AWARD, Australia?s highest recognition for journalistic excellence.
Other awards...Best Reporter of the Year, Best Current Affairs Report, Best Short Documentary Series---ASTRA Awards-Foxtel.
It is this unique background that Ian Leslie brings to the Business and Public sector communities of Australia.
- Fox Television...anchored and co-produced the Award winning documentary series, Running On An Empty. An investigation into Australia?s Water Crisis.
- Face of the Australian Automotive Dealers National Convention, peak retail body of the Automotive Industry.
- Chair Australian Pharmacy Guild's Annual Forum.
- Chair DSTi International Media Round Table..an analysis of IT issues affecting the Financial Services Industry.
- Chair Qld Mining Industry Conference.
- Anchor Prudential Insurance Investment Series.
- Anchor QBE National Roadshow.
- MC Bosch Australia 150 year anniversary gala dinner.
- Fujitsu Australia Technology Launch.
- Optus Future Strategy Conferences.
A powerful communicator and unique skills enhance the business message.
- Face of Woolworths share float..Australia's most successful public share float..
- Arnott's when faced with a crisis turned to Leslie to restore public confidence..
- The Victorian Government used the power of Leslie to launch it's electricity privitization scheme.
- An articulate facilitator of Government, Business and Environmental issues..
Keynote Speaker--Inspirational, motivating, humorous.
A story teller who speaks of a life most people can only dream of, Leslie draws on his years as a Sixty Minutes correspondent. He has rubbed shoulders with world leaders, dictators, business leaders, Hollywood stars and Australian Prime Ministers. Stories relevant today.
Awards Presentations - A sparkling MC with an acute sense of humour.
- National Travel Industry Awards
- Australian Tourism Awards
- Flag International Service Awards
- Executive of The Year/Hyatt International
- Small Business of the Year
- Australian Design Awards
- Nestle Big Break Awards
- Prime Minister's Employer of The Year Awards
- Queensland Government Premier's Awards
- Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
- Victorian Australian Automotive Dealers Association State Awards.
Let him breath life into your conference, seminar or awards, with his unique style and journalistic integrity.
...a thorough professional who demonstrates an appreciation of the...corporate environment
- National Australia Bank
...the power of Ian Leslie's credentials as an authoritative television journalist cannot be under estimated - a pleasure to work with... such a professional
- George Patterson Bates, Hong Kong
...an incisive questioner of speakers with the right touch of humour
...an outstanding master of ceremonies. He does his homework and makes speakers feel relaxed
- Tower Corporation
...an invaluable anchor to generate discussion, keep things on track and relevant to an audience
- Institute Municipal Management
...a high profile with the credibility Fujitsu wants to be associated with
- Fujitsu Australia
...his integrity and professionalism has been a great asset to us
...his professionalism and sense of fun go far beyond the call of duty..
... Ian is without doubt the most accomplished professional, warm and efficient MC that we have had. Whether he does adlib or not, it appears that he is actually talking to us as a friend from the lecturn, rather than following a typed script.
..IanÃ¢Â€Â™s expertise, superb presentation skills, dedication to excellence Ã¢Â€Â¦raised the QBE National Roadshow, 2009 to new levels of professionalism.
...a thorough professional who demonstrates an appreciation of the...corporate environment.
- BHP Billiton
...an incisive questioner of speakers with the right touch of humour.