John Izzo consults and advises some of the most admired companies in the world, teaches at major universities, conducts leading edge research on workplace values, and has spoken to more than one million people across the globe, from Brazil to Russia, from New York to London. He is a leading business strategy expert, a best-selling author, a community leader, and an avid conservationist.
John has devoted his life and career to helping leaders create workplaces that bring out the best in people, plus discover more purpose and fulfillment in life and work. For over twenty years, Izzo has pioneered employee engagement, helping organizations create great corporate cultures, and leading brands through corporate social responsibility.
His client organizations range from high tech to high touch, from hotels to hospitals, from government agencies to entrepreneurial start-ups. He focuses on coaching leaders and organizations to achieve sustainable success through integrating purposeful leadership with business development practices.
John is the author of five books. In his first, Awakening Corporate Soul, John identifies four paths to more soul and engagement at work. In Values Shift: Recruiting, Retaining and Engaging the Multigenerational Workforce, he identifies six major shifts in work values and creates a blueprint for the 21st century workforce. He offers insight at how values are shifting and practical ideas on how to win over the new workforce. His latest book, The Five Secrets You Must Discover before You Die, was the basis for a five hour Biography and PBS Television series in which Izzo interviewed 250 people from the age of 60-106 asking them to reflect back on what they had learned about life. The book was named the best self-help book by the Independent Book Publishers Association.
Prior to establishing his own firm, John was a senior organizational development consultant for Kaiser Permanente, and Vice President of The Einstein Consulting Group, an international customer service consultancy. He holds a Masters degree in psychology and a Ph.D. in organizational communication.
Leaders say that John Izzo brings the unique combination of practical ideas and high-level 'big picture' thinking to their organizations. He will inspire your people to greater vision, challenge them with new insights, and leave them with practical strategies to create the organization of the future. He is a person capable of inspiring your audience to more authentic, purposeful lives. John challenges audiences to live a life that matters, an uncommon life, where lasting legacy is balanced with every day fulfillment.
Stepping Up Changes Everything
Based on his new book, Stepping Up: How Taking Responsibility Changes Everything, Dr. Izzo explains how being accountable can radically transform any company, career or business. Being 100% responsible helps teams, leaders, and professionals act like owners and less like victims. This results in positive change and greater personal satisfaction in work and at life. Whether it's improving your company, enhancing customer engagement, managing your career, fostering relationships, or even changing the world, each one of us can become a powerful change agent.
Filled with inspiring stories of individuals who stepped up and made things better such as:
- How a small group of employees got together and transformed service and morale at a large hospital
- How a leader took a dying business unit within a large telecommunications company and got employees to create a cash cow' for her company
- How one front line manager pushed for a new product with her perseverance producing one of the most profitable products of our generation
- How a homeless alcoholic spurred a recycling revolution and created a business that has employed hundreds of street people
- How a small group of people stepped up and transformed one of the worst slums in the world into a thriving community.
- The overarching theme of this keynote is 'change begins in this room, it begins with me, and it begins now'.
- Be challenged to step up and take more initiative and responsibility
- Get inspired about the power of individuals to create change inside organizations and in communities
- Discover how 100% responsibility can make your career and life more successful and rewarding
- Learn how to create a culture where people will step up and take initiative.
Leading for Excellence & Engagement
A culture of high engagement with a focus on excellence is a key driver of business success. Studies show that organizations with high levels of employee engagement are significantly more profitable, have much higher customer loyalty, higher productivity, and better reputations with customers than those with moderate engagement.
Dr. John Izzo has spent a lifetime researching what separates truly passionate engaged teams and leaders from the rest of the pack. Based on his groundbreaking work in his bestselling books Awakening Corporate Soul and Values Shift, Izzo reveals the secrets of how to win and engage the emerging workforce while leading your team to take their performance to the next level.
- Learn the four keys to creating a high engagement team and see why some leaders consistently get high levels of commitment from people
- Discover why some companies and teams continue to achieve higher levels of service, quality and innovation
- Gain practical ideas on how leaders create engaged teams which can be implemented immediately
- Improve your retention while gaining passionate commitment that will thrill your customers
- Discover why the best leaders and workplaces are tough and caring
- Learn how to consistently drive improvement and take your organization to the next level.
Branding from the Inside Out: Engaged Associates Drive Your Brand
Engaged associates are your best brand strategy. A great logo, a savvy tagline and advertising campaigns are necessary, but none of it matters unless you deliver impeccable and memorable customer service. The intrinsic value that makes your company shine heads above your competition relies on one thing - relationships. Who you hire, how they are treated, whether they are engaged or not, and whether they believe in the services and products they sell, has everything to do with how the world sees your brand!
Dr. Izzo shares the secrets of getting your people highly engaged.
- How to get them aligned with your values, more focused on the customer, and how to create a climate where they act like owners.
- Discover why brand power is more than a company logo or corporate colors
- Learn the key values of the new workforce, the emerging values of consumers and how leaders and companies must respond
- Gain impactful ideas about how leaders can get their people to believe passionately in their brand, live the values in daily interactions, while creating a brand that customers will connect to emotionally.
Stepping Up Your Game in Work & Life
Why do some people keep growing and going to the next level in terms of business success and personal fulfillment? Stepping up means taking the personal initiative to set higher goals, seek feedback and to continually move to the next level. In this keynote, Dr. Izzo will inspire you to make a bigger difference for your clients, connect more deeply with those you serve, and reveal the secrets to life-long success. Based on twenty years of researching and coaching successful professionals, Izzo shows how to keep taking your 'game' to a new level not only in work but in your personal life as well.
- Discover the keys to ongoing personal growth and development
- Know how to stoke the fire of passion and enthusiasm in your work and life
- Find out how to keep raising the bar on personal skill and influence
- Learn how to seek and use feedback to supercharge your career and business
- Discover the secrets of people who get better year after year.
The Five Secrets You Must Discover before You Die
Powerful keynote based on Dr. John Izzo's Biography/PBS Channel TV Series and book, The Five Secrets You Must Discover before You Die. This international bestseller is published in sixteen languages and was named the best self-help book by the Independent Publishers Association. Dr. Izzo interviewed over 200 people from the age of 60 - 106 and asked them to reflect back on their lives and discovered five main secrets to a purposeful, successful and fulfilling life. With a combined 18,000 years of life, there was a common thread for everyone: 'I am the wisest person I know'. From poets to truck drivers and CEOs to Holocaust survivors, you will hear the stories of ordinary people who achieved extraordinary happiness.
- Be inspired by what really matters in your life
- Be challenged to reach for your dreams
- Learn the secret disciplines of happy people
- Discover the keys to lasting happiness before it's too late.
The Green Advantage: How to Build Sustainability into Your Culture
Going green is the emerging paradigm and many companies and organizations are implementing changes to become more sustainable. Doing so not only enhances brand image, but attracts more customers and quality employees whose values are increasingly 'green'.
By rooting the idea into your company culture and empowering everyone to take initiative, sustainability becomes a practice and not merely a buzz word. Dr. Izzo shares examples of how other companies developed a 'green advantage' and explains the how to avoid the pitfalls of being accused of 'green washing'.
- Understand why sustainability matters to society
- Discover how consumers and employees are changing in terms of sustainability expectations
- Get the bottom line benefi ts of going green
- Learn valuable lessons from what other companies have done
- Discover the keys to driving sustainability throughout the culture
- Find out how to keep from being accused of 'green washing'
- Inspire everyone to take your efforts seriously.