Joshua Owen is one of Australia's leading Corporate Strategists. His strategies help CEO's breathe new life into their organisations, and instil a sense of ownership, purpose and excitement in staff. He has equipped senior executives from thousands of private and public sector organisations around the world with strategic thinking techniques to transform chaos and uncertainty into workable Strategic Action Plans. Over the last 20 years Joshua has helped thousands of organisations to focus their energies on creating their own futures rather than reacting to the futures created by others. As well as being one of Australia's foremost corporate strategists Joshua also delivers inspirational keynote opening and closing addresses at conferences. Prior to becoming an independent management consultant, Joshua Owen held senior executive positions in industry (construction), commerce (chartered accounting with Price Waterhouse Coopers), government (Singapore City Treasury) and academia (universities in Sydney, Hobart, Canberra, Adelaide, Settle and Los Angels). As well as his Master's degree in Business Management and an Economics degree from the University of Adelaide, he is also a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Manager, Chartered Secretary, Chartered Member of the Australian Human Resources Institute, Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, Fellow of the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants, Fellow of the Australian Institute of Management and an Accredited Professional Speaker with the National Speakers Association of Australia. He conducts workshops ranging in length from two hours to five days. He also delivers inspirational keynote opening and closing addresses at conferences and after dinner addresses.
- Gather information
- Solve problems
- Are efficient
- Do things right
- Are busy
- Are CEO's (Chief Executive Officers)
- Are reactive (to futures created by others for them)
- Will be shocked by the future
- Gather intelligence
- Exploit opportunities
- Are effective and efficient
- Do the right things right
- Are productive
- Are Real CEO's (ie; Chief Exemplary Officers)
- Are inventive (invent the future they want for themselves and their organisation)
- Will shock the future
Many thanks for your guidance and inspiration in the development of a Vision, Mission and Core Values for AGC...a defining moment in our progress...the members of the group voted the session you facilitated as the best they have experienced.
- Managing Director (1996), Australian Guarantee Corporation,Strategic Planning Facilitator for Senior Managers Conference
The conference proved an outstanding success... I look forward to calling on you again in the future.
- Chief Manager of Human Resources, ,Australian Guarantee Corporations
...thank you for your contribution to our strategic review. All of us in the executive team feel for the first time in some years we have taken a fresh and fundamental approach to our strategic position and direction.
- Group Director for Asia Pacific, Royal ' Sun Alliance Australia,Strategic Planning Facilitator
...my sincere gratitude for your outstanding contribution. The need to create a shared vision...was the overriding objective of the two days. You have certainly led us a long way down this path. I look forward to fostering an on-going relationship with you...
- National Chairman, KPMG Management Consulting,National Partners and Directors Conference
It has been a pleasure working with you. The participants at the workshop thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- Deputy Director (International Trading), ,Singapore's Trade Development Board,Strategic Planning Workshop