Future of Work expert, Kim Seeling Smith helps organizations build and retain a future fit workforce to reach their commercial goals, create thriving cultures, and overcome challenges and seize opportunities presented by the post-pandemic world. She engages audiences as a master storyteller, passionate educator and trend translator.
Kim has literally had a seat at the table with Sir Richard Branson for the innovative work she does around the Future of Work, was named a Top 101 Global Influencer on Employee Engagement, wrote THE how to guide on 1:1 employee check-ins, Mind Reading for Managers, and co-wrote a Career Development Guide with mega author Brian Tracy.
You will frequently see Kim on Sunrise, The Today Show, in Forbes, Fast Company, SmartCompany, CEO Magazine, CNBC Online, the Australian Financial Review, the Sydney Morning Herald and many other print and radio media outlets.
A recovering, KPMG trained CPA, Kim has run an international, award winning consulting firm since 2009. Prior to that she managed globally ranked recruitment teams and has personally conducted over 5,000 exit interviews.
Kim is a highly engaging, thought provoking and inspiring speaker who leaves her audience with clarity, optimism — and at least 3 actionable steps to make an immediate difference in their business.
She is a founding member of Virgin Unite’s 100% Human at Work Initiative in Australia and the Chief Inspiration Officer for Inspire Sydney.
Kim is a Certified Speaking Professional and a Certified Virtual Presenter and has been presenting virtually since 2012.
The 8 Step Roadmap to a Future Fit Organisation
Covid 19 will hopefully be the most significant disruption of this decade, but the futurists, demographers and economists amongst us will tell you it certainly won’t be the last.
Business leaders are also facing accelerating technology implementation, a changing geopolitical landscape, supply chain constraints, climate change and shifting consumer demands.
And this against a backdrop of a major skills shortage and the rise of the empowered workforce who are demanding change — and getting it.
These disruptions are all changing the rules of work.
This session will not only help you understand these new rules, but it will give you a strategic roadmap and several action items that will make an immediate impact on your ability to attract and retain a future fit workforce. A workforce that can not only help you survive the challenges of the new world, but embrace the opportunities within it as well.
Join us for a highly engaging, though provoking and thoroughly entertaining trip into the future that will leave the audience with a high level strategic framework along with specific practical actions to ensure they are able to attract and retain the staff they need to not only survive but thrive in our new, quickly changing world.
The audience will leave with:
- Research, case studies and stories to help them understand the 3 disruptions that business are facing in the post-pandemic world and how these are affecting the workplace and workforce
- A roadmap of best practices and specific action items to help them build and retain a future fit workforce
- A list of practical steps to take to help them begin their journey to become match fit for the future
9 Keys to Avoid the Great Resignation
The Great Resignation is sweeping the globe and The Great Reshuffle is hitting Australia. Various Australian studies show that between 25 - 75% of the Australian workforce is planning to look for another role within the next 6 months.
But why are Aussies quitting? Just like the percentages above, the reasons vary wildly depending on the study.
Luckily, reverse engineering over 5,000 exit interviews gives us significant clues as to what workers really want and what employers need to deliver to hold onto their team through the Great Resignation and beyond.
This model, dubbed the 9 Currencies of Choice® was originally developed in 2010 and has recently been updated for the Post-Pandemic workforce. It has proven to be wildly successful in increasing employee retention, motivation, productivity and profitability.
If your success depends on your ability inspire and retain a great team this session is not to be missed.
The audience will leave with:
- An understanding of how you directly impact your team’s performance and what you can do about it.
- A proven framework to help hold your staff accountable for great performance (especially with a remote workforce)
- A practical model, based on over 5,000 exit interviews and updated to include the latest international research on the Great Resignation. This model will help you understand (and deliver on) everything your staff needs to be happy, productive and
- perform at their best. We take the guesswork out of employee motivation.
Hiring the right people has never been more important than it is now. We need top talent to help us overcome the challenges and seize the opportunities of the post-pandemic world.
Unfortunately, it’s also never been more difficult.
We are in a unique moment in time where a critical skills shortage (caused by an ageing workforce and the acceleration of automation and AI) is running headlong into the Great Resignation (caused by the critical skills shortage and 2 years of pandemic-induced reflection).
Our old recruitment strategies are falling woefully short. It’s time to reimagine recruitment.
Join us for an engaging, thought provoking and ultimately practical session with Kim Seeling Smith who has over 30 years of recruitment experience and a consistent 98% success rate.
The audience will leave with:
The 3 keys to attract the right talent in a critically skills short market
A practical framework to help you write a job ad that has the right candidates beating a path to your door
An understanding of the latest innovative sourcing strategies
Practical tips on increasing candidate experience and interview effectiveness
MC (On stage or online)
Kim was born to MC. Highly engaging and energetic, naturally curious, with exceptional pattern recognition skills, she is extremely adept at creating a flow and managing the energy of the audience throughout your event — whether it lasts 4 hours or 2 days.
Kim’s work as an MC runs the gamut. She can simply show up on the day to introduce speakers, provide the glue between sessions and manage the energy of the audience. Or she can take a much more active approach in helping you develop a theme, shape the event and strategise on speakers.
This program is perfect for:
- Any business audience who needs a credible, thoughtful and highly engaging MC to weave the speakers’ presentations into the theme of the conference, helping the audience connect the dots and experience the organiser’s desired outcomes.
- At the end of this event your audience will:
- Think more deeply and clearly about the conference theme and speakers’ presentation topics
- Feel as though time out of the office was not only well spent — but highly enjoyable
- Know how the speakers relate to each other and to the conference theme