Mark Jones is an Author, Master Storyteller and Brand Strategist who helps business leaders harness the power of storytelling for growth.
The former Associate Managing Director of IDG Australia, and IT editor at The Australian Financial Review spent the last three years researching and writing his debut book, Beliefonomics: Realise the True Value of Your Brand Story, while leading the award-winning brand storytelling agency he co-founded with his wife ten years ago, Filtered Media.
Jones has more than 20 years’ experience in professional storytelling as a journalist, editor, publisher and speaker, working with iconic brands including Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Telstra, Adobe, KitchenAid, Fairfax and IDG.
He has interviewed global CEOs and politicians, broken national business and technology stories, and captivated audiences around the world with his enthusiasm for storytelling, marketing and brand strategy.
Jones was a finalist for Marketer of the Year in the 2019 Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) awards at which his podcast The CMO Show won best Content Marketing award.
Realise the true value of your story
Learn how to amplify the impact of your brand story and marketing investments. A pioneer in brand marketing, Mark reveals why brands must take time to understand what their customers believe, not just try and change behaviour.
Mark has authored the world’s first brand storytelling framework, Beliefonomics, that taps into the unrealised power of customer belief systems. Watch Mark unpack the Beliefonomics framework and learn how your unique story will transform your approach to sales, customer service, marketing and communications.
What you’ll learn
- How to amplify your market impact by shifting your business from complex, disorganised storytelling to a simple, unified framework
- How to move customers and partners from unbelief to belief in your product, service or world view using the power of story
- How global and local brands use storytelling to unify silos in marketing, sales and management
- The three essential elements of a successful brand storytelling strategy
- Why storytelling is redefining marketing, communications and brand strategy
Telling your Origin Story
Discover the power of your Origin Story for growth
Once upon a time... It’s the greatest story ever told, and the world’s most famous opening line. Discover the power of your own Origin Story, a tale rarely documented by organisations large and small - and seldom used strategically
Learn how to engage customers, unlock growth and re-energise your marketing strategies by telling your Origin Story. Mark Jones also explains how his world-first brand storytelling framework, Beliefonomics, gives you the ability to leverage the story of your brand, product, or service.
This keynote and workshop is essential for any organisation looking to grow by taking a fresh look at its best asset, the origin story. Designed for 6-20 people over a series of three 90 minute Zoom sessions.
What you’ll learn
- How to document the Origin Story of your brand or service for growth
- How global brands are leveraging their Origin Story
- How the Origin Story key captures the hearts and minds of yoru audience to unlock new opportunites
- The best way to turn your story into a marketing strategy that works
Creating Belief Moments to inspire
Unlocking the secret to band storytelling mastery
Every movie, book, magazine, song, or article ever produced shares a common thread: the Hero’s Journey. We’re biologically wired for story, yet few of us understand its power. Mark Jones digs deep into the mythology, science and history of storytelling to reveal why The Belief Moment is at the heart of this journey.
He explains how brand storytellers, marketers and business leaders can learn from the world’s best directors, authors and producers to create a Belief Moment that changes beliefs, opinions, shapes brand sentiment and inspires customers at the point of purchase.
If you want to know the secret to powerful storytelling, this is it.
What you’ll learn
- How to apply best storytelling practices to capture audience attention and inspire action
- What constitutes a true Belief Moment, and how you can create remarkable moments
- How Belief Moments underpin the success of
- your marketing, communications and brand strategies
Our team loved working with you! I’m already hearing loads of positive feedback. Thank you for making the trip to Boston.
- Laura Tomasetti, Founder and Chair, 360PR+ (Boston)
Thank you, thank you, thank you. We're all still digesting yesterday's presentation and even tried some of it out at a client meeting today. Focusing on emotion and psychographics to help tell their story is going to make a big difference. The only complaint we got about yesterday's session is that we didn't allow enough time! There was so much value added. So much to think about.
- Rachel McCallister, Founder and Chair, MPRM Communications (LA)
Mark is one of the finest brand storytellers and gifted communicators in the marketing profession. Mark emceed our National Awards Gala Dinner for the last 2 years. Mark professionally and skillfully managed awarding 30 Awards and 500 guests celebrating Marketing Excellence. We value Mark's contribution.
- Lee Tonitto, former CEO, Australian Marketing Institute
The event was rated very highly and people found your keynote very informative and engaging.
- Letitia Zwart, former Associate Director of Brand, Digital, Content & Communications, Optus Enterprise
Mark has got a great way of thinking strategically and pushing out to the future with an approach beneficial to brands.
- Julie Praestiin, Corporate Communications Manager, Sanitarium
Mark’s presentation was really thought-provoking and insightful for our broader marketing team. It challenged traditional approaches to the way companies talk about their brands and highlighted why creating a brand story helps build a much stronger emotional connection with a brand and its key audiences.
- Darlene White, Communications Leader, UniSuper
Mark Jones is an engaging speaker who connected immediately with an audience of experienced communication professionals at our recent event. The event concluded with a lively question and answer session - a testament to Mark's ability to capture an audience's attention and interest.
- Communications Manager, IBM Australia
Mark Jones facilitates good discussion with well-timed pertinent questions. His knowledge of innovation and the technology scene is second to none. Relaxed and charming, Mark is always an engaging and interesting speaker.
- CEO, Slattery IT
I just wanted to thank you for your outstanding presentations at our 2 Viewpoint contractor breakfasts over the past 2 days in Sydney and Melbourne. Your presentation, your thoughts and ideas were extremely well received and provoked a lot of interest and discussion from our contractor group. Given the Viewpoint series is a new concept we were keen to make sure we got a great speaker so that the bar was set high for future breakfasts. In this regard, you have done an outstanding job and have helped us establish the Viewpoint series as highly credible and very relevant to our contractor community. I look forward to catching up with you in the future and potentially having you speak at our CIO forums etc. Congratulations and Well Done
- CEO People Bank