Michael is the Head of Culture at Vinomofo, one of Australia’s fastest-growing companies and a leader in innovation, disruption and values-based company culture.
Michael wants to live in a world where companies engage and empower people to express their unique talents, strengths and creativity as they work together to do great things. He believes companies, regardless of size, have a unique opportunity to teach and promote self-awareness and empathy, and in doing so contribute positively to society beyond the workplace.
Previous roles have included; Family Business Owner, International Expedition Leader, Lonely Planet Author, Primary School Teacher, Wine Writer and Educator, Personal Development Coach, and currently Head of People and Culture at Vinomofo. Michael is fascinated by human behaviour, evolutionary psychology and is committed to helping companies identify and bring out the best in their people.
A quick scroll through Instagram would suggest he has a rather unhealthy obsession with Jamon Iberico and Pinot Noir and egg yolks.
Vinomofo Awards include:
Great Places to Work List, Top 25 2016, Telstra Victorian Business of the Year 2016, Best Staff Engagement at the BRW Mid-Market Business Awards 2014, Best Employer and Best Business at the My Business Awards 2014, Winners of Fastest Growing Company at the Deloitte Tech Fast 50 Awards 2013, Online Business of the Year at the Australian Startup Awards 2014, Best Website at the SmartCompany Web Awards 2014, Best Startup at the SmartCompany Startup Awards 2014 and Online Retailer of the Year 2015 at the ORIAs.
Michael is a dynamic and engaging speaker on the following 3 x keynotes. Topics can be adapted to suit your needs:
Choose Your Own Adventure - A story about doing work you love and stumbling upon your purpose along the way.
- A true story of what happens when you let go of what you think you should be doing and do what you love. Spoiler alert - it’s a happy ending.
- Redefining ‘purpose’ and what it means to truly live your life’s purpose and how to find it in the first place (it’s not where you’re looking!)
- How to translate this into your company / workplace to engage staff like never before
Radically human - the fundamentals of building a revolutionary workplace culture
- The story of how I helped to create and built Vinomofo’s award winning culture
- If you want people to innovate and take risks, they need a safety net - here’s what one looks like
- If you want the best from your team you need to embrace the rest from your team
- What it means to be a genuinely values based, human centered company
- The foundations of great culture are self-awareness and empathy - how we did it
Beyond the bonuses - what it takes to truly engage your staff
- Do you know what motivates your team? It has changed and it’s probably not what you thought it was
- How to use languages of appreciation to cut straight to the heart of what motivates people
- From Maslow to Spiral Dynamics - what science and evolutionary psychology says about what truly motivates people
- It’s a lot more simple than you think - how to meet the basic human needs of your team on a daily basis to drive engagement and performance