Michelle Bowden is an authority on presentation & persuasion in business. Michelle is a CSP (the highest designation for speakers in the world), Founder of Speakers' Club, co-creator of the PRSI (a world-first psychometric indicator that tests your persuasiveness at work), best selling internationally published author (Wiley), 9 x nominee for the prestigious Educator Award for Excellence (PSA), editor of How to Present magazine, producer of Michelle Bowden TV, nominee best new TEC speaker 2016, and a regular commentator in print, radio and online media.
If you’ve ever thought you’d like to improve the way you communicate with the people around you so your relationships become easier…
And if you’ve ever thought there must be a better way to get people on side…
If you’ve ever wished you didn’t have to influence a stakeholder because you weren’t quite sure how to say it…
Or you just want to hear the word “yes” more often in your life… you’ll love working with Michelle!
Speak Up and Influence People is a high energy session that shows you that anyone can have the power to influence and the confidence to speak up in meetings, one-on-ones, even when there's conflict. Simply learn the 3 x Ps of Persuasion and have the right attitude. This is a fun presentation that will have your delegates laughing and learning all at the same time.
Speak Up and Influence People
- If you’ve ever thought you’d like to improve the way you communicate with the people around you so your relationships become easier…
- If you’ve ever thought there must be a way to get people on side…
- If you’ve ever wished you didn’t have to influence a stakeholder because you weren’t quite sure of the best way to say it…
- Or you just want to hear the word “yes” more often in your life… you’ll love working with Michelle!
We influence people every day of our lives. Sometimes we win. Sometimes we lose.
Speak Up and Influence People is a high energy, theory-based, interactive session that shows you that anyone can have the power to influence and the confidence to speak up in meetings, one-on-ones, emails and conversations and win every time.
Simply learn the 3 x Ps of Persuasion and have the right attitude. This is a fun presentation that will have your delegates laughing, learning and demonstrating a behavioural change.
What will you learn?
Your delegates will:
- Understand their own persuasive strengths and weaknesses.
- Grasp the concept of being ‘others focused’ at a whole new level.
- Know how to build deep, unconscious rapport with their stakeholders so they are better placed to persuade to ‘yes’.
- Diffuse conflict or misunderstandings that occur during the business day.
- Practice work-related scenarios and develop real-life responses.
- Gain a better insight into their current approach to persuasion and it’s impact on long term relationships.
This is a fun presentation that will have your delegates laughing, learning and yes (just like the picture here) they will be dancing! The theory is based on behavioural science and we will practice real-life scenarios so everyone leaves the session feeling confident, excited and motivated to try their new-found skills on the job.
Perfect for anyone who communicates at home or at work - that’s everyone right? I can open your conference with this presentation, or wake everyone up and have them buzzing after lunch. It’s up to you.
Group size: The sky is the limit!
How does Speak Up and Influence People work?
There are three phases to this presentation:
Phase 1: Delegates are offered the opportunity to complete the Persuasion Reality Strengths Indicator (PRSI) as on line pre-work. This is part of your keynote speaking investment no matter the number of delegates at your event.
Phase 2: Michelle delivers her keynote presentation called Speak Up and Influence People covering:
- An overview of persuasion (definitions, recent research, statistics on regional and demographic trends).
- The 3 Ps of Persuasion including relevant examples so that delegates are super clear on how to work with these life-changing techniques on the job.
- If you have 1.5-2 hours then Michelle will develop customised scenarios so your delegates practice persuasive responses relevant to their most challenging workplace communication scenarios and leave with realistic scripts and strategies.
- Michelle offers your delegates the opportunity to subscribe to her free on-line magazine called How to Present to ensure they continue their learning in the areas of persuasion and communication.
- Michelle will be available to sign her best selling book How to Present: the ultimate guide to presenting your ideas and influencing people using techniques that actually work. You can purchase this in advance as a conference gift or Michelle can offer them at the end of her presentation.
- Michelle posts a blog with the key points for delegates to access as a valuable refresher. Plus, delegates are encouraged to subscribe to Michelle’s internationally distributed, free How to Present magazine, and connect through social media.
89% of executives admit to daydreaming during important meetings and conversations.
75% of people say they believe they would gain greater respect for their knowledge and expertise if they were better communicators - And sadly, when asked about the most recent meeting they had attended, only 28% of people did anything with the information presented – 72% went back to their desk and changed nothing….let’s make sure this doesn’t happen in your meetings ever again!
Would you like your team members, colleagues and clients to sit up and listen when you speak?
Are you sick of feeling like you’re talking to a brick wall in meetings or one-on-ones?
Are you keen to better present your ideas and showcase your professional expertise so you get what you want and accelerate your career?
It’s entirely possible to learn to create a message that sticks in your stakeholder’s mind so they are compelled to take the action you require.
In this presentation Michelle teaches the audience how to structure a compelling message and how to design a presentation in only 15 minutes so they don’t need notes. Delegates will also learn the tricks to ensure that they engage and captivate their audiences in the future, no matter the subject or audience types.
This is a fun presentation that will have your delegates laughing, learning and practicing - all at the same time. Attend this practical, high energy, interactive session and try some communication techniques that actually work.
Perfect for anyone who has to present their ideas to incite change or action in your business. Perfect if you have to speak up in meetings, or represent your business at conferences, in sales meetings, tenders or pitches. This session is perfect for just after lunch when people might typically be too tired to learn.
Michelle's expert knowledge in the area of public speaking and presentation skills is world class. Michelle's delivery is fun and engaging, and very 'real'.
Convener, CPA Australia NSW Women in Business
Great engagement with a diverse audience.
Program Executive, IBM
Thank you for a wonderful and inspiring experience at your talk last night. It was so wonderful seeing such a strong, confident career woman up there last night and it has made me realise that I can be the person I want to be!
Strategy and Launch Planning Manager, Toyota Corporation
Michelle is a powerful presenter who demonstrates how to influence and create change in any organisation. I'd highly recommend her as the best presentation and influence expert in Australia
National Sales Manager, Innovex
Fabulous! My team loved it, and are all walking around saying 'I love your guts!'
Medical Director, Schering-Plough
Whilst I was attending a Business workshop last year, (Dale Beaumont) I had the pleasure of seeing Michelle in action. I was impressed by her generosity and her skill in presenting a large amount of information in an engaging and entertaining manner. She had all the participants in the palm of her hand, it was certainly a highlight of the workshop. I have since read her book "Don't picture me naked" and recommend it to clients who are interested in mastering their presenting skills.
Jan Terkelsen, Business Team Specialist, Coach, Consultant
Michelle is engaging, enthusiastic and challenging. Her work with my sales team really opened their eyes to opportunities of never accepting the answer "No" again!
General Manager, National Surgical