Omer Soker has held senior general management roles with two multinational corporations; Thomson Reuters and Reed Elsevier, running multiple business units at both. In contrast, he has also launched his own businesses in Hong Kong and Australia. He understands both perspectives; from the complexities of corporate life to the passion of the entrepreneurial spirit.
Omer has also been a corporate change agent, re-engineering two ailing businesses back to health through tough decisions and a 'succeed at all costs' ambition. Conversely, he has volunteered his time as an accredited Buddhist teacher to help school children learn the art of happiness. These opposing experiences have provided him unique insights to connect with people at a deeper level, through both soft and hard skills - as well as a powerful grasp of the cause-and-effect relationship of individual behaviours and company actions over the short and long term.
Omer integrates selected martial arts philosophies he learned as a practitioner into the workplace, including 'how to lead-and-follow at the same time' as an employee engagement tool and 'maximum impact for minimum effort' as a productivity initiative. These diverse and balanced experiences have given Omer a fascinating view on success in corporate life.
As an inspirational corporate speaker, Omer is engaging and enthusiastic, powerful and insightful, challenging and thoughtful with a foundation of honesty and humility. He connects with people on a fundamental level of truth, and inspires them by cultivating their self-awareness, values and critical thinking. His aim is to ignite the spark within everyone, and within every company to create change for success, growth and sustained value creation.
Omer has six core programs and a range of speaking topics that can be delivered as a one-hour interactive session, half day workshop or fully integrated into your company.
Every presentation will be tailored to your specific needs.
1. The Trust Future: Uncover the Future of Business and use Ethics to Create Trust, Engagement, Purpose, Performance and Happiness.
2. The Martial Art of Ethics: What Modern Business Can Learn from Ancient Fighting Forms and the Wisdom of Rational Buddhist Teachings.
3. Employee Engagement: How to Inspire Your Workforce to Align their Personal Goals with Your Company?s Success.
4. Commercial Happiness: Realise Why Success Follows Happiness, and Laugh Your Way to Commercial Success.
5. Authentic Leadership: The Power of Authentic Leadership is its Simplicity and Integrity in Boosting Company Performance.
6. Organisational Resilience: Improve Your Ability to Shape Your Environment and Create Consistent Patterns of Behaviour to Drive Resilience and Trust.
I have known Omer Soker for many years as a man of high ethical standards, trust, honesty and integrity. OmerÃ¢Â€Â™s independent thinking and lucid approach to applying ethical principles to enterprise is a breath of fresh air in current business literature. He articulates clear and rational principles that can be practically applied in any corporate environment irrespective of industry, geography or size. From the CEO to the most junior employee, The Trust Future is powerful and rewarding reading.
- CEO, Horizon Credit Union
Reading The Trust Future was like taking a big, deep breath of fresh air. It challenged and inspired me around my leadership, my relationships and to live my values in all areas of my work. Well researched and full of inspiring stories, Omer bring ethics to life in such a way that you know itÃ¢Â€Â™s the most sustainable and long-term profitable approach for any business.
- Executive General Manager, House of Travel