Bob Mansfield was born in
He has a varied background in business across a wide range of industries and held the CEO position in the following organisations:
- McDonald's Australia Limited
- Wormald International Limited
- Optus Communications
- John Fairfax
In more recent years he has filled a number of roles for the Federal Government and pursued his own business interests:
- Reviewed the Operating Charter of the ABC.
- Major Projects Facilitator on a consultancy basis reporting directly to the Prime Minister.
- Appointed Strategic Investment Co-ordinator, in addition to his Major Projects role, within the Prime Minister's Office.
In November 1999 Bob completed his Federal Government roles and was appointed Director of Telstra Corporation Limited. On 1 January 2000 he became Telstra's non-executive Chairman and served until April 2004.
On 26 January 2000 Bob was honoured with an Order of Australia award for his contribution to Australian business and economic development and to the telecommunications industry.
His current board positions are:
- Director & Deputy Chairman, Allco Finance Group Limited
- Chairman, Staging Connections Group Limited
- Director, Investec Bank Australia Limited
Bob is married to Peggy and they have 5 children. His interests include the family, golf and tennis.