Olympic Champion, Champion Speaker and genuine onstage Motivator and Entertainer is a unique skill set.
Transitioning from being an expert speed skater to an expert motivational speaker, MC and after dinner entertainer has been an interesting ride over the last 12 years. Steven Bradbury has presented at over 1000 conferences and events in 19 countries and still loves it. He loves the adrenalin before going onstage and loves that his strategies for success in business and in life are able to inspire and help people.
- A fully interactive show including motivation, videos, music, comedy and audience participation.
- You will actually hold, and have your photo taken wearing Steve’s Olympic Gold Medal.
- How he broke his neck, lost 4 litres of blood on the ice and trained 5hrs a day, 6 days a week for 12 years to become an overnight success.
- The saying 'Doing A Bradbury' was officially included in the Macquarie Dictionary in 2014. Learn how to put yourself in position to be the next to 'Do A Bradbury”. Position yourself to come from behind and be ready to seize opportunity. Links to creativity, innovation and disruption themes.
- Business success and strategy learned through his own custom speed skate and cycling shoe company. RBC exported to 22 countries and won a swag of Olympic Medals before the company was sold in 2012. RBC tailored a solution to a target market. Resonates with business owners or managers.
- Sustaining a culture of success and positive mindset.
- Teamwork: Today’s world is competitive. To win in business or sport you need the right support team. A team is only as strong as its weakest link.
- Leadership: A successful leader, leads by example not just by telling others what to do.
- Setting goals and having a plan written down is not optional.
- Steven has been dubbed the 'Luckiest' Olympic Gold Medallist. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Links to themes around resilience, belief in self or team, and maintaining a positive state-of-mind.
Steven can tailor his presentation to suit client themes, objectives and timeframes and will work with you prior to your event to get the best result possible.
Even though Steven is a household name this doesn’t mean he comes with celebrity baggage. Any pre and/or post presentation requirements are no problem.
- 4 time Olympian
- Southern Hemisphere's 1st Winter Olympic Gold Medalist – Gold 1000m – Salt Lake City
- Australia's 1st Winter Olympic Medalist – Bronze 5000m Relay – Lillehammer
- The Don Award for Australia’s best sporting performance in 2002
- Order of Australia Medal (OAM) for services to Australian Sport
- On air host and commentator at the 2006, 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympic Games Australian TV coverage
- Director Olympic Winter Institute of Australia (OWI) 2002 to current
As well as being entertained and inspired you will leave with the knowledge the much of the prize is in the journey and success takes Passion, Persistence and Teamwork.
Steven Bradbury's attendance at our 41st annual conference was indeed the highlight of the three days. Steve captivated our delegates and left them with a clear message that if you worked hard and kept trying, anything is possible.
- Retravision Australia Pty Ltd
Steven was amazing - the best keynote speaker I have ever seen ( and I have seen a few!) I read his book on the weekend and couldn't put it down. What an amazing story - I am so glad he told it.,
- AMP Capital Shopping Centres
Steve was genuinely entertaining. He provided an extremely amusing, yet relevant piece in his summation that left the audience both on the edge of their seat and in throes of laughter. He fully deserved the thunderous applause.
- IGA Australia
From the tremendously positive feedback we've had, Steven's message about pushing through obstacles to achieve your goals, really struck a chord with everyone. Steven has a real gift in being able to help people see that they too can achieve success and they are greatly encouraged and inspired as a result. I was delighted that not only did Steven have a good message, but he was able to deliver it in a very relatable way - his self-effacing attitude about his gold medal, combined with his Aussie sense of humour was a big hit!
- McKenna Diamonds
Steven was really lovely and very nice to work with. He was professional and very keen to get involved in all of the activities during the day. The public loved him
- Corporation of the City of Adelaide
Well done on pursuing the last man standing theme and the parallels you draw with business. Good strategic planning requires businesses to expect the unexpected - your presentation is a reinforcement of this.
This year's event was our largest and the best since the introduction of our yearly function which commenced five years ago. We would highly recommend Steve as a keynote speaker for any function as we found he had entire audience hanging on every word.,Also I found Steve personally a very approachable person and easy to deal with in finalizing arrangements for the night.
- AE Smith & Son Pty Ltd
I would like to thank you again for being the guest speaker at our luncheon. We have about 5 luncheons per year and many agreed that this one was the best ever. Your numerous business (through your skate making company), life and sporting experiences were extremely relevant to the hard work required for success in any field.I have to admit also that it was the most highly entertaining and your presentation was a breath of fresh air compared to most speakers and you are very easy to deal with. People are still talking about your story and it made Front page of our local paper The Observer on Saturday 12th May.
- Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited
Steven did a great job and was a real inspiration. We were impressed with his presentation and the way he related to the audience.
- Westpac Banking Corporation
You were a huge hit at our conference - in fact many of those that saw you speak said we should have had you present to the entire group rather than just the executives. So thank you very much and you were worth every cent!
- Progress Software
Steven related very well to our audience as they could identify with his journey from the start through to his career success. Steven's motivational words were extemely relevant. His AV presentation is great and his delivery well measured.
- Norman, Disney and Young Engineers
Thank you for the utterly brilliant presentation you gave last week. Wow! No-one left the dinner without having taken away a totally new perspective on how to give their all in any endeavour they pursue. You had the audience spell-bound. You certainly touched all the right buttons, cleverly tailoring the messages by knowing your brief well. As a speaker, your presentation style and skills are indeed unique, standing you apart. Your professionalism shines through as much as your shear enjoyment of all that life throws your way. If ever I feel a groupÃ¢Â€Â™s batteries getting low, I know exactly where to go to get the required recharge. Thank you again for sharing your story and inspiration.
- Grain & Graze
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful energy and enthusiasm with my team today. Your vibrant and insightful presence was well received. You touched a lot of lives today in very positive ways.
- Caboolture Shire Council
Not only was Steve the most entertaining and motivating speaker we have had the pleasure of seeing, he was also one of the most professional and easiest to deal with, both before, during and after the event. I would refer him to anyone, and am glad Ovations suggested we use him!
- Advice First Pty Ltd
The whole package! A story, a message, involvement, and an attitude to suit!
- The Cobra Group
I Just wanted to pass on our thanks and appreciation for your presentation at our National Conference. Your story of your journey to the gold medal was very memorable and emotional. There were even a few tears shed as you told of your injuries along the way and of course the elation when you won the race and the gold. We would not hesitate in recommending you as a highlight speaker for any conference. Our delegates were also very impressed.
- Building & Construction Industry Long Service Payments Corp
I go to a lot of conferences and hear a lot of speakers but never, and I mean NEVER, have I seen a speaker get a standing ovation like our delegates gave Steven. The energy in that room was electric. It was an emotional journey. We had tears in our eyes at one stage, we laughed raucously, we cheered watching the DVD footage, we looked away in shock, we felt and sniffed and oohed and aahed at handling his Olympic medals and when the talk was over, we stood to our feet and clapped.
- Brisbane Markets
Steven was outstanding, so much so, you could hear a pin drop in the room. I would highly recommend him to any group. He was down to earth, natural, and yet extremely professional. He took the time talk to everyone afterwards, and stayed well into the night, allowing people the opportunity to talk to him and have their photos taken with him. He was definitely the highlight of our conference, a real inspiration.
- ONESTEEL LTD
Thank you so much for your excellent job as MC at our national training awards night. Not only did you mange to keep the entertainment flowing, you kept the night humming along at a good pace. This is a rare combination at an awards night.
- CEO Group Training Australia
It was great listening to Steve's presentation. Probably the best I have seen in 40 years!
- Chief Investment Officer, COMMONWEALTH BANK
Myself and all the Challenger staff were very impressed with Steve's presentation. Comments included: captivating, motivating, entertaining, an emotional rollercoaster and finally very amusing. He present's himself very well, his story builds well from the start and Steve includes the audience throughout. I have seen other speakers, but his story was by far the most engaging. I would have no hesitation in recommending Steve for any future events with Challenger or other organisations.
- Challenger, Financial Services
Would not fault Steven in anyway! He will get a lot of referrals from this event. Some attendees had heard him before and commented how he has changed and is still getting better and better. They liked that he did not just talk about the Olympics. His comedy routine at the start was unexpected, funny and fantastic.
- ASI SOLUTIONS
Your presentation was brilliant!! You read the audience very well - and from talking to guests later in the evening, they thought it was a highlight of the night! Your 'Last Man Standing' auction was a great fundraising success for the SA Olympic Council.Thanks again, you were very funny onstage!!
- INK, BRAND ARCHITECTS
Legend Steve. You knocked it out of the park yesterday in Singapore. Everyone loved you speech!!!!
- David Maher – MD - Finsure
Thank you for travelling across the ditch to present at our national conference. Our 600+ attendees thoroughly enjoyed your presentation. It just proves that courage, determination, parental support, a modicum of luck and (most of all) genuine passion for what you love doing will go a long way in achieving goals. You faced some serious adversity but your dream never faded, my sincere and heartfelt congratulation, a great story but more importantly a motivating, entertaining and engaging hour.
- Rod Severn CEO – Professional Advisors Association NZ
Hearing your journey to Gold was inspiring and the way you channeled your story and applied consideration to my brief on Major Training was impressive. It really helped shape a positive day for our team.We received some great feedback and you’ve reinforced that if we keep trying the results will come.
- Matthew Tenkate – GM – Major Training Group