Journalist, model, mum, travel writer, brand and charity Ambassador, accomplished public speaker Symantha Perkins is a familiar face with more than 20 years in the media industry.
Sam's public battle against chronic pain as a severe migraine sufferer has inspired many, including the other 6.5 million Australians who endure daily illness every year.
Despite her constant health struggles, Sam has maintained a highly successful career spanning TV, print plus radio and her down-to-Earth attitude and wicked sense of humour continue to make the vivacious brunette a firm favourite amongst audiences.
Clearly Sam's a multi-taker in her business career but says it's her 3 kids with former husband, Olympic swimmer Kieren Perkins who keep her the busiest. "Motherhood is definitely my toughest gig, but by far the most rewarding".
Book Symantha Perkins for your next corporate speaking engagement either as an MC, compere or motivational speaker!
Topics may include:
- 'Her boots may be smoking hot but Superwoman is not your friend'. Juggling work and modern motherhood.
- Suddenly Single Mum. Starting over, life after divorce as a mother of 3 at 41 years of age. The emotional, financial and physical transformation.
- Managing Pain. How to juggle your commitments when you live with chronic pain and Sam's experience of undergoing radical surgery to implant an IPG device (similar to a pacemaker/TENS machine) in her neck to manage chronic pain a physically debilitating, exhausting and often mentally isolating condition.
- Sometimes you just have to fake it till you make it, no matter how severe the pain in your head is. In my business the show must go on!
- Anecdotes from Sam's experiences as a TV reporter, newsreader, model, family travel writer and public figure. (From covering to Earthquakes in Japan, to interviewing Aaron Spelling and the original cast of 90210 in his LA office, flying with own her kids to The Italian Alps one Christmas to write a travel review and strutting the catwalk at Melbourne Fashion week)
Everyone who hears Sam speak leaves with a smile on their face- you can't help but be swept away by her infectious laughter and positive attitude towards life. No doubt this is one woman who has faced her fair share of battles, but always meets a challenge head on.
"Sometimes I wake up and feel it's all too daunting, but then I think if by putting myself out there I'm showing others hey if I can do this, you can too. Even if just one other woman is inspired to feel more positive about herself then it's all been worth it".